7Senses Action Research Academy
The PAR-Practitioners Program
Only 5 places left, subscribe before November 29th 2018
Are you in for a career in which you are intensively working with groups of people, helping them to find and co-create solutions to complex problems in their neighborhood? Then this course & career opportunity is for you! Read on…
7Senses is a growing network of Participatory Action Researchers all over the world. They perform Participatory Action Research (PAR) projects in all kinds of different settings on different complex problems. Participatory Action Researchers love their work for the high impact it brings in communities, for how much it empowers people and simply for making people happier, more self-confident and cooperative.
At the same time, there is a growing demand for PAR worldwide, from governmental- as well as non-governmental organizations to tackle complex problems. As such, 7Senses aims to train new enthusiastic professionals in conducting PAR and give them opportunities to work with 7Senses in PAR-projects of their choice as an independent Participatory Action Researcher.
The Program is designed for everyone interested in facilitating positive change by communities through applying Participatory Action Research. Throughout this PPP you will:
- Learn the basic principles and ethics of Participatory Action Research;
- Learn how to set up a PAR-design;
- Get skilled in multiple PAR methods;
- Learn about community psychology and factors that drive motivation to act together;
- Learn about power dynamics and how they influence the design, implementation and realization of co-created initiatives;
- Get the right communication and social skills and learn about your role as an action researcher;
- Learn how to monitor and accelerate co-created initiatives;
- Inspire many people with what you accomplish!
“I really enjoyed the PAR course given by Madelon! She knows what she is talking about and lets you explore what PAR means with a good amount of fun, reflection on yourself and your ideas about it, guidance and practice.I’ve learned so much in a short time and was able to put it into practice during my first project right afterwards.”Friederike Ertmer, former participant of the PAR Practitioners Program, Training & Internship Track
The PPP consists of a 5-week training and a 12-week internship, starting December 3rd 2018. As a participant of our PPP, you can choose whether you want the Training Track (only the 5-week Training) or the Training & Internship Track: the 5-week Training followed by a 12-week internship.
If you finish the Training Track, you will receive the ‘Certificate of Participation’. If you finish the Training & Internship Track, and have shown you have acquired all PAR-competences during your internship, you receive the ‘Certificate of Achievement’. The latter makes you a 7Senses certified, independent Participatory Action Researcher with which you can join paid 7Senses projects, in the Netherlands and/or beyond!
The Training Track
During our Training Track, you will learn all about PAR principles, the PAR Cycle, PAR-methodology and the co-creation of solutions with communities, sustainable impact and all that comes along with the PAR process. After the course, you will be packed with the skills you need to perform a high quality action research in any kind of situation.
The Participatory Action Researcher Internship
From February 2019 onwards, you will perform an internship at an organization or community of your choice. You can either organize your own internship or join one of the 7Senses internship placements. In a personal pre-program session we will discuss what suits you best and go through the different options. During the internship period, you will have group guidance sessions every two weeks on Monday evenings.
The supporting assignments of the PPP are set up in such a way that it helps you get experience in what you learned during the trainings of the PPP and -for Training & Internship participants- to prepare for your internship.
Here are the facts:
- Start Training Track: December 3rd 2018 (holiday November 26th – January 7th)
- Training: Monday 18.00- 21.00 and Thursday 10.00 – 16.00
- Other work: readings and assignments (8-10 hours per week)
- Trainer: Madelon Eelderink
- Location: Utrecht University, Padualaan 8 or Acacialaan 2, Zeist (to be determined)
- Difficulty: HBO/WO thinking level
- Maximum number of participants: 12
- Training Track: 750,-
- Training & Internship Track: €970,- *
- Subscription deadline: November 29th, 2018
- Subscribe to: email@example.com
- Include in the subscription: contact details, Track of choice and (for Training & Internship Track) cv and motivation.
*For alternative payment options (or other questions regarding our PPP), please call +31 (0)639895095.
Hope to welcome you soon at our PAR Practitioners Program!